The Chinese ministry of Huddersfield Circuit is in the form of a Chinese Fellowship at the Mission, the Methodist Church’s town centre ministry building. This Fellowship was set up in 2010 to serve the spiritual needs of the Chinese in and around Huddersfield. It has two Sunday services with Sunday school each month at the Huddersfield Mission. At present, there are about 15-20 in the congregation. The Fellowship also runs Bible studies during school term times.
ABOUT THE JOB ROLE
The Chinese Fellowship has been led/co-ordinated by a Methodist local preacher who will be stepping down from that capacity in early 2019. An exciting opportunity is now available for a suitable candidate to succeed in her role.
We are looking for a mature Christian with a calling to the Chinese ministry in the UK. The successful candidate will be tasked with leading and further developing the Chinese Fellowship with weekly Sunday services.
ESSENTIAL SKILL SETS REQUIRED
To be successfully shortlisted for this job position, we are looking for the ideal candidate with these essential skill sets:
- Relevant experience in a Chinese speaking church setting
- An ability to communicate fluently in Chinese and English
- Familiarity with Chinese (Mainland China and Hong Kong) culture
- Good understanding of safeguarding practice
- Proven ability in working both independently and as part of a team
- Is sympathetic to Methodism
- Proven ability to preach and lead worship
- Proven ability to provide pastoral care
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to relate to and identify mission opportunities in the Chinese Community
- Able to use appropriate computer skills to manage simple accounting, publicity and record keeping matters
- To obtain a satisfactory Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Ability to work on Sundays , some Saturdays, weekends or evenings
- Ability to travel within Huddersfield and surrounding area.
- An enthusiasm for Christian mission
To apply for this job vacancy please email the Revd Roz Page at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the application pack, the closing date for this job advert will be Friday 28th December 2018. Any applications received after this date, will only be considered if we were unable to find a suitable candidate to employ.